Privacy Statement and Cookie Directive
DFL Digital Sports GmbH, Kaltenbornweg 2, D-50679 Cologne (“DFL Digital Sports”) collects, processes and uses personal data which has been captured from visits to the website www.dfl-digital-sports.de (the “Website”) in compliance with the applicable data privacy provisions in the Federal Republic of Germany. This Privacy Statement and Cookie Directive (hereinafter together: the “Statement“) sets out which data of the visitor (“User”) is captured on the Website and how this information is processed and used.
1. Personal data
Personal data are all information which relate to an identified or identifiable natural person. A natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. This includes, for example, the name, personalized email addresses, the residential address, the telephone number or the date of birth.
2. Data collection, processing and use when accessing the Website
Each time a User accesses the Website, the User’s Internet browser, for technical reasons, automatically supplies the following data to DFL Digital Sports’ web server:
- IP address of the end device
- date and time of access
- name and URL of accessed page
- transferred data volume
- access status (data file transmitted, data file not found, etc.)
- recognition data of the used browser and operating system of the User’s end device
- name of the User’s Internet service provider
- website from which the access was made
The collection, processing and use of these data occur for the purposes of enabling the use of the Website (connection set-up), system security and technical administration of the network infrastructure. A comparison with other data sets or a transmission to third parties, even in excerpts, does not take place.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 b) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
With regard to data collection, processing and use for the purpose of optimizing the Website through web analytics, additional reference is made to Section 3 of this Statement.
3. Data collection, processing and use in the context of web analytics
3.1 Google Analytics
The information about the use of the Website by a User produced by the cookie is normally transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and stored there.
However, DFL Digital Sports has expanded Google Analytics with the code “gat._anonymizeIp();“ in order to assure anonymized collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking). This means that the IP addresses of Users are shortened within the Member States of the European Union or in other States which are a party to the Convention on the European Economic Area before the transmission to the USA. So, the full IP address is transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and shortened there only in exceptional situations. Google is a registered member of the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Upon request of DFL Digital Sports, Google will use this information in order to analyze the use of the Website by the Users for the purpose of compiling reports about the Website activity to provide additional services to DFL Digital Sports which are related to the use of the Website and Internet. Google does not combine the IP address of a User’s browser with other data under Google Analytics.
The User can prevent the storage of cookies with a corresponding setting on the User’s browser software. Furthermore, the User can prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to his/her use of the Website (including the User’s IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via the following link. The User can also refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie which prevents the future collection of his/her data when visiting the Website will be placed: Disable Google Analytics. However, DFL Digital Sports hereby informs the User that in this case it is possible that the User cannot completely use all functions of the Website.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR, whereby the legitimate interest for DFL Digital Sports results from the fact that, in the first place, DFL Digital Sports has an interest in evaluating the Website data for purposes of its optimization. Secondly, a data subject can reasonably foresee that data might possibly be processed for this purpose at the time the personal data is collected and in light of the circumstances under which this occurs (especially the above-mentioned measures).
3.2 Google Ad Manager for the insertion of online advertising
DFL Digital Sports uses Google Ad Manager (formerly: DoubleClick for Publishers (Small Business)) by Google to insert online advertising in the Website. This helps DFL Digital Sports to serve online advertisements to Users. DFL Digital Sports does only insert advertising marketed directly by DFL Digital Sports and no interest-related advertising of third party networks.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR, whereby the legitimate interest for DFL Digital Sports results from the fact that, DFL Digital Sports also wants to use its invest for operating the Website for direct advertising. The User – after weighing his reasonable expectations based on his relationship with DFL Digital Sports as the Website operator – will not incur any particular disadvantages.
3.3 Other cookies
Other cookies are not set.
4. Google Maps
On the Website, DFL Digital Sports uses Google Maps, a service provided by Google for the presentation of interactive maps. Information about the use of the Website (including the IP address of the User) can be transmitted to servers of Google in the USA due to the use of Google Maps. By visiting a content of the Website which includes Google Maps, the User‘s browser establishes a connection with the server of Google. The content of the map will be directly transmitted to the browser of the User by Google and integrated in the Website. Google is a registered member of the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Futher information can be found in Google‘s data privacy information.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR, whereby the legitimate interest of DFL Digital Sports results from the fact that DFL Digital Sports has an interest to offer helpful information on the Website.
5. Special provisions for the official Facebook fan page of DFL Digital Sports
For the use the official Facebook fan page of DFL Digital Sports, DFL Digital Sports has chosen the most privacy friendly filter settings possible.
Facebook’s information about data usage can be found at the following link. The most relevant passages of this data handling information for the fan page are as follows:
“Information and content you provide.
- “We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content that you provide (e.g. metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include what you see through features that we provide, such as our camera, so we can do things such as suggest masks and filters that you might like, or give you tips on using portrait mode. Our systems automatically process content and communications that you and others provide to analyse context and what’s in them for the purposes described below. Learn more about how you can control who can see the things you share.
- Data with special protections: You can choose to provide information in your Facebook profile fields or life events about your religious views, political views, who you are “interested in” or your health. This and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership) is subject to special protections under EU law.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, Pages, accounts, hashtags and groups that you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups that you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync or import it from a device (such as an address book or call log or SMS log history), which we use for things such as helping you and others find people you may know and for the other purposes listed below.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used our Products, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Products. We also collect information about how you use features such as our camera.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you make a purchase in a game or make a donation), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, and billing, delivery and contact details.
- Things others do and information that they provide about you. We also receive and analyse content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Products. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you or upload, sync or import your contact information
- Provision of measurements, analyses and other business services. We use the information at our disposal (including your activities outside of our products, such as the websites you visit and the ads you see) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services and to understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps and services. So we share information with these partners.”
6. Limited purpose for processing and using personal data
All processing or use of personal data of the User occurs only for the purposes mentioned in this Statement and to the extent necessary to achieve the respective purpose.
Personal data are not published by DFL Digital Sports or disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
Transmissions of personal data to government agencies and public authorities occur only in accordance with mandatory national provisions in the law or if the disclosure is necessary in the case of attacks on the network infrastructure in order to pursue rights and for purposes of criminal prosecution. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 para. 1 c) GDPR in conjunction with § 24 para. 1 no. 1 b) German Data Protection Act [Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, “BDSG”].
7. Storage and deletion of personal data
All stored personal data and pseudonymized usage data are deleted immediately and permanently as soon as the data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected or the User demands this unless DFL Digital Sports is required by law to do preserve the data. If DFL Digital Sports is required on the basis of provisions in the law to preserve the data, the stored personal data and pseudonymized usage data will be permanently deleted upon expiration of the time periods for preserving data required by law.
DFL Digital Sports uses technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the personal data of the Users against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. The security measures are continuously adapted in accordance with technological developments.
9. Links to other websites
The Website may contain links to other websites. This Statement applies solely to the Website of DFL Digital Sports. DFL Digital Sports has no influence over, and does not control whether other providers comply with applicable data privacy provisions.
10. Rights of the User
The User has a right to information with regard to the stored personal data of the User. The User also has a right to have incorrect data corrected and to restriction of the processing and to have data deleted, as well as a right to object against the processing and the right for data transferability.
The User can contact DFL Digital Sports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The data privacy officer of DFL Digital Sports can be contacted at email@example.com. Please note that only data privacy-related messages will be answered at this email address. For all other inquiries please use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is pointed out that there is a right to file an objection with the supervisory authority.
11. Applicability, validity and timeliness of the Statement
The provisions in this Statement on collection, processing and use of the User’s data apply for the User when using the Website. This Statement is current valid and is dated as of 04 December 2018. DFL Digital Sports reserves the right to amend this Statement at any time as needed with effect for the future, especially for the purposes of adaption to a further development of the Website or the implementation of new technologies.